How to Adjust Open / Close Limit Position of Sliding Gate Opener
Each of the TOPENS sliding gate openers is equipped with two magnets which are designed to set the desired opening and closing position of your gate. Due to different weights of gates, terrains, slopes (uphill or downhill), the distance the gate will travel after triggering the magnetic limit switch may vary. With the adjustable limit magnets, you can easily set the fully open/closed position of your gate. Let us look at the open/close limit position adjustment of TOPENS sliding gate openers below.
TOPENS sliding gate openers can be divided into rack drive and chain drive series. Adjusting the open/close limit position is a little bit different for these two series and before adjustment, please note that:
● Always leave some space at both ends of the rack/chain for buffering.
● Phillips screwdriver (for rack drive series) or adjustable wrench (for chain drive series) is required for adjustment.
Below are the ways to adjust for Left Open and Right Open modes.
1. Left Open Mode (gate opens towards the left and closes towards the right, from the view inside the property)
● If the gate opens halfway and fails to get to the desired open position, the rack drive series needs a screwdriver to loosen the screw of the right magnet bracket, then gently pick up the magnet bracket and relocate it a little bit to the right. While the chain drive series needs an adjustable wrench to loosen the screw of the right magnet, and then slightly slide the magnet to the right. Please tighten the screw firmly after adjustment.
For Example: RK1100T (Rack Drive Series)
For Example: CK1200 (Chain Drive Series)
● If the gate opens over the desired open position, relocate the right magnet bracket / slide the right magnet a little bit to the left.
● If the gate closes halfway and fails to get to the desired closed position, relocate the left magnet bracket / slide the left magnet a little bit to the left.
● If the gate closes over the desired closed position, relocate the left magnet bracket / slide the left magnet a little bit to the right.
2. The Right Open Mode (gate opens towards the right and closes towards the left, from the view inside the property) is completely opposite.
3. Repeat the above steps until the gate automatically arrives at the desired open/closed position. Please remember that each time after adjusting, you should tighten the screw firmly.
Adjusting the open/close limit position can be very easy if you take the necessary precautions and follow the steps above closely. It is important to know which magnet corresponds to which direction of travel, so do consult us if you are unsure. TOPENS will always be here to answer anything that makes you confused.