How to Install TOPENS ET24 Electric Gate Lock
TOPENS ET24 Electric Gate Lock automatically locks and unlocks the gate when the gate opener is activated. It is a perfect solution to add security for your single or dual gate, offering stability and extra protection against damaging forces, ensuring gate integrity in strong winds, and improving the safety of animals. It is highly recommended if you have animals or live in areas affected by strong winds when the gate is longer than 1.2 meters (4 feet).
The electric lock is easy to install, but there are a few tricks you should know before commencing the installation process.
● Verify the smooth operation of the lock tongue using the lock key and ensure easy insertion of the lock receiver.
● Confirm that the gate is level, moves freely on its hinges, and doesn't bind or obstruct any barriers.
● If opting for the Pull-to-Open installation method, adjust the limit switch B slightly outward from the desired close position to ensure a firm engagement between the lock and the lock receiver.
● For dual swing gate openers, set the open and close delay time of both actuators to more than 4 seconds to ensure proper operation.
● A gate block is required for dual gate applications.
● Please note that mounting hardware is not provided due to various mounting conditions. Refer to the installation examples below to determine the appropriate mounting hardware required for your specific application.
Installation Steps of Electric Gate Lock:
Step 1: Disengage the clutch of the gate opener using the manual release key or simply take off the arm to enable manual swinging of the gate during lock installation.
Step 2: Close the gate and determine the optimal location for mounting the lock and receiver. Ensure that they are level, aligned with the actuator, and mounted on a tube fence or other solid part of the gate surface.
● For a single gate in Pull-to-Open mode, install the lock on the gate and the receiver on the wall or gate post; in Push-to-Open mode, install them conversely (i.e. install the lock on the wall or gate post, and the receiver on the gate).
Pull-to-Open Mode for Single Gate
Push-to-Open Mode for Single Gate
● For the dual gate in Pull-to-Open mode, install the lock on the Master Gate, and the lock receiver on the Slave Gate; in Push-to-Open mode, install them conversely (i.e. install the lock on the Slave Gate, and the lock receiver on the Master Gate).
Pull-to-Open Mode for Dual Gate
Push-to-Open Mode for Dual Gate
Step 3: For Metal Tube gates, if the fence post thickness is equal to or greater than 3mm, thread the lock and receiver onto the fence post and secure them with bolts (no nuts). Alternatively, if the thickness is less, drill holes through the fence post and secure the lock and receiver using bolts, lock washers, and nuts. Welding directly is also an option.
For Chain Link gates, use U-Bolts, saddles, lock washers and nuts to secure the lock and receiver.
Step 4: Verify the lock’s position and alignment by opening and closing the gate manually. Ensure that the electric lock is installed correctly.
Step 5: Connect the lock’s power cables directly to the “LOCK” terminal on the control board of your TOPENS swing gate opener, disregarding the wire polarity.
(Find the wiring diagrams in the gate opener’s user manual)
Step 6: In the case of dual gate installation, adjust the opening and closing intervals between the master and slave gate on the control board to ensure that the open and close delay time of both actuators is more than 4 seconds.
●Engage the clutch of the gate opener using the manual release key or reinstall the arm before activating the opener.
● The electric gate lock also includes manual release keys for situations when electronic release is disabled.
The superior ET24 Electric Gate Lock seamlessly integrates with all TOPENS swing gate openers, providing an added layer of security to safeguard your property. Why not get one for your family!